We’re looking for passionate people to come and help us build the next generation of music making tools. If you’d like to hear more, read on! We offer flexible remote working or the option to work from our Leeds offices located in a stunning mill conversion, generous holidays and a down to earth working culture that values independent working, experimentation and creativity. To apply, please email the appropriate address below with a copy of your CV, a couple of sentences about why you’d like to join us and any links you’d like us to check out (Linkedin, portfolios etc.)
C++ Audio Developer
Overview: If you're a highly experienced software developer who's motivated by creating genuine value and seeing the fruits of your labour come to life, you'll love working at Noiiz. We're looking for a talented C++ Developer to help us build the next generation of music software and change the way people make music forever. You'll be part of a small but growing team and be involved throughout the entire software development lifecycle, from software design and architecture through to development and testing. We work remotely (or you're welcome to work from our Leeds offices or a co-working space), offer great benefits, flexible hours and a competitive salary.
- Develop new audio software products in C++ using the JUCE framework, sometimes independently, sometimes in small teams.
- Follow best practices by writing efficient, reusable and reliable code.
- Help maintain code quality, organisation and automation.
- Manage and delegate work to contractors and other developers from time to time.
- Help recruit new developers, implement processes and improve knowledge and skills within the team.
- Work to Agile principles and strive for continuous improvement.
- Write automated and manual tests as required.
- Extremely competent in C++ with a proven track record/portfolio of developing high quality, large scale, complex software products.
- Experience building highly functional and visually appealing user interfaces.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of modern software development practices including Agile principles, automated testing, iterative product development and version control.
- Thorough understanding of the need to produce working software over perfect software, balancing the needs of code quality with time.
- Ability to respond to feedback well and work within a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Project management and experience leading development teams desired.
- Specialist knowledge of audio software development, music production, music information retrieval, machine learning, or DSP is desirable.
- Knowledge of other software languages, particularly web technologies, are desirable.
- 5+ years commercial experience as a lead developer or equivalent role, ideally within an audio organisation is highly desired.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary, depending on experience.
- 38 days holiday per year (includes public holidays and a Christmas break, the dates of which will be confirmed year on year.)
- Option to work from home, remotely, or from Noiiz HQ in Leeds.
- Flexible hours, 40hrs per week average.
- Fitness benefits.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- 1 month paid sabbatical every 3 years, starting from your employment date with Noiiz and in addition to your holiday allowance.
- Up to £100 a month towards a co working space, if required.
- 1 day per month to work on a work related side project.
How to apply:
Please send a CV and covering letter to [email protected]